Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Van - The Dalles to Vancouver/Portland
DAV Van Service is a free service for veterans to get to appointments at the Vancouver and Portland VA for medical appointments.
The DAV Van picks up veterans from Safeway on 520 Mt. Hood St. in The Dalles (one of many pick-up locations) and transports to the Vancouver and Portland VA.
CLICK HERE FOR DAV Van Transportation Schedule
- Vans depart The Dalles at 6:30 or 6:45am depending on the route and return from the Portland VAMC at 3pm.
- Van riders are requested to schedule medical appointments between 9am and 1pm to assure the patient will be on time for the appointment and the return ride home.
- You MUST call ahead to reserve a ride.
- All rides must be scheduled at least four days in advance.
- This service is NOT wheelchair accessible. Foldable wheelchairs and walkers that can be stowed can be accommodated.
- Riders must be able to board by themselves or with a personal assistant.
- You may call Mt. Adams Transportation (509-493-4662) to schedule a ride from your home in Klickitat County to the DAV Van pick-up location and back home.
|Schedule Method:||Call Ahead|
|Service Type:||Fixed Route|
|Service Areas:||Hood River, Klickitat, Multnomah, Sherman, Skamania, Wasco|
|Service Days:||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri|
|Service Hours:||6:00 AM- 3:00 PM|
Free for Veterans