VA Transportation Resources
Are you a veteran? Check out these resources!
Mileage and Transportation Reimbursements
- The VA is authorized to provide eligible Veterans and others beneficiaries with mileage reimbursement, or when medically indicated will cover the costs of "special mode" (ambulance, wheelchair van) for travel to and from VA, or VA authorized health care.
- Eligibility is based upon Service Connection (SC), low income, or special eligibility.
- For more information, visit http://www.va.gov/HEALTHBENEFITS/vtp/Beneficiary_Travel.asp or contact the VA at (503) 220-8262 / (800) 949-1004.
E-Benefits (Online Application for Benefits)
- Skip the travel entirely for applying for benefits! The E-Benefits system allows veterans, service members and family members to apply and file claims online.
- Veterans are able to Apply for Veterans’ Benefits Online (VONAPP), access VA Payment History, apply for VA Home Loan Certificate of Eligibility, check on Compensation & Pension Status, and more.
- Service Members have access to Service Member Civilian Employment Information (CEI), Service member personnel info, DoD TRICARE Insurance, Education Benefits and more.
- Family members (spouse and dependents [ages 18+]) of Service Members and Veterans may view TRICARE benefits, explore eLearning opportunities, and request information for State VA offices online.
- Visit https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/ for more information and to get started!
- My HealtheVet is an online interface where Veterans, active duty Service members, their dependents and caregivers can book appointments and set reminders, refill prescriptions, talk to your VA healthcare team, and much more!
- Using these services, you can avoid the hassle of traveling to VA clinics to carry out basic tasks.
- The Secure Messaging feature is a secure dialogue with your doctor and healthcare team to answer basic questions about appointments, prescriptions, and lab results.
- This system allows Veterans, active duty Service Members, their dependents and caregivers ease of access, and can save lots of travel time, whether it be on the road or phone.
- Visit https://www.myhealth.va.gov/index.html for more information and to get started!