American Parkinson Disease Association - Patient Aid Scholarship Program
APDA Northwest's Patient Aid Scholarship program is designed to provide financial support to people with Parkinson’s disease and their families. The program is intended for those in need of financial assistance for programs, services and/or activities such as exercise and wellness classes, medication, respite care, assistance at home, and transportation. For more detailed information about approved activities and services, please view below. Approved applicants will be granted up to $300 once per calendar year (January – December).
This program is available to anyone in the APDA's Northwest Chapter's five state service region (WA, OR, ID, MT, AK). Scholarships will be awarded on a first come basis and are based on availability of funds.
• Transportation: Covers costs associated with travel to and from doctor’s appointments, support groups, and other events for those who are no longer driving or for whom driving is significantly limited due to the effects of Parkinson’s disease.
• Exercise/Wellness: Covers costs associated with exercise/wellness programs and activities that focus on improving and maintaining the health for persons with PD, such as, but not limited to: boxing, dancing, yoga, tai-chi, physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc.
• Medication: Defrays expenses not covered by other programs or health insurance.
• Respite/Adult Day Program: Subsidizes the cost of respite care for the person with Parkinson’s disease, to enable care partners to take time away to rejuvenate.
• Assistance at Home: Covers expenses for home services, such as housework, light yardwork, snow shoveling, and other tasks that a person with PD or a care partner are not able to complete.
• Childcare Assistance: Subsidizes the cost of childcare for people with Parkinson’s.
• Adaptive Equipment: Offsets costs associated with the purchase and/or installation of equipment or modifications needed in the home to aid in activities of daily living, such as, but not limited to: grab bars, hand rails, widening doorways, bathroom accessibility, etc.
|Schedule Method:||Complete Application|
|Service Type:||Financial Aid|
|Service Areas:||State of Oregon, State of Washington|
|Service Days:||Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
|Service Hours:||8:00am - 5:00pm|
Free -- This program is available to anyone within Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska, who has a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.